Top Five Technology Resolutions
Top Five Technology Resolutions for Real Estate Agents in 2014
By Katie Weismiller
Is 2014 the year you will become a paper-less agent? Or the year you will connect with more potential customers by hosting virtual open houses? If becoming a tech savvy agent is part of your 2014 selling strategy we've compiled the top five technology resolutions you should set – and the apps to help you stick to them.
1.) Digitize your file cabinet and desktop clutter: Does your workspace support your on-the-go lifestyle? Eliminate your paper trail to keep you organized and streamline administrative processes. Apps to help you:
- Google Drive (Free Android/IOS): Access and share all your Microsoft Office documents (Excel Word Power Point) via Google's free cloud storage.
- Right Signature (Free Android/IOS): Sign contracts and agreements with your fingertip directly from your phone – no paper and pen required!
- Genius Scan + ($4.99 Android/IOS): Turn any piece of paper into a JPEG or PDF file with this app's photo upload feature.
2.) Upgrade your photography skills – and downsize your equipment: There's no need to carry a bulky camera to photograph your listings when you can take the same quality of photos on your mobile device. Apps to help you:
- Camera+ ($1.99 Android/IOS): This app's digital zoom ability to control the exposure photo clarity and special effects result in professional quality photos.
- 360 Panorama ($0.99 Android/IOS): Highlight your listing's spectacular backyard view and provide potential buyers with a 360 degree visual.
- Instasize (Free Android/IOS): Tired of Instragram's resize rules? Showcase your listings on Instagram in their actual size using this app.
- Pic Stitch (Free Android/IOS): Show potential buyers the lifestyle your listings could offer by creating collages of the best neighborhood restaurants shops and scenery.
3.) Streamline your open house process: What if you could ditch the paper and pen sign-in sheets at your open house and still follow-up with visitors before they've pulled out of the driveway? Apps to help you:
- Open Home Pro ($14.99 iOS): This app takes the place of a sign-in sheet at open houses and will allow you to collect more qualified leads. You can also automate follow-up with homebuyers and send them property details while the open house is still in progress.
4.) Use technology to be creative with hosting open houses: Add a sense of exclusivity to your open houses or appeal to out-of-town buyers. Apps to help you:
- Paperless Post (Free iOS/Android): Give your open house an exclusive feel by sending invitations to potential buyers and brokers through Paperless Post's e-vite app.
- Google Hangouts (Free iOS/Android): Host a virtual open house for your out-of-state buyers using this free video conference app. You can also provide potential buyers with a virtual tour of the neighborhood.
5.) Make your listings interactive: Give potential buyers the opportunity to engage with your listings and the neighborhood prior to seeing the home. Apps to help you:
- Animoto (Free iOS/Android): Turn your listing photos into a beautiful pro-quality video with music and text.
- MagicPlan (Free iOS): If your listing has a unique floor plan use this app to showcase the layout with its 3D floor plan feature.
- Pinterest (Free iOS/Android): Highlight the best spots in your neighborhood by taking advantage of the site's map feature boards.
Looking for more advice on how to accomplish your 2014 real estate resolutions? Find out the six recruiting resolutions every agent should adopt for 2014 here.
Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2014. All rights reserved.