Now that summer is in full swing, and you've already had your Fourth of July fix, it's time to pay attention to another important aspect of summer: your home. When the outdoors is calling, it's often easy to overlook your living space. Brett Furman, a broker/owner in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, offers the following 10 maintenance tips to help keep your home in tip-top shape all summer long.
- Clean and seal decks.
- Hire a certified chimney sweep to inspect and clean chimneys.
- Wash the exterior of your home using a garden hose and a mild detergent.
- Check all exterior walls for peeling or cracked paint.
- Inspect brick or masonry siding for cracks or missing mortar.
- Inspect roofing for loose shingles and cracks.
- Check out the operation of your automatic light timers and motion detector systems.
- Prune trees and shrubs to keep branches from exterior siding.
- Clean and repair cracks in concrete driveways using epoxy patching material.
- Inspects foundation walls for signs of termites.
"These 10 home maintenance tips are certainly a start to getting your house spic and span for late summer...and beyond," says Furman.
Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2014. All rights reserved.