10 Summer Home Maintenance Tips
Now that summer is in full swing, and youve already had your Fourth of July fix, its time to pay attention to another important aspect of summer: your home.
Now that summer is in full swing, and you've already had your Fourth of July fix, it's time to pay attention to another important aspect of summer: your home. When the outdoors is calling, it's often easy to overlook your living space. Brett Furman, a broker/owner in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, offers the following 10 maintenance tips to help keep your home in tip-top shape all summer long.
- Clean and seal decks.
- Hire a certified chimney sweep to inspect and clean chimneys.
- Wash the exterior of your home using a garden hose and a mild detergent.
- Check all exterior walls for peeling or cracked paint.
- Inspect brick or masonry siding for cracks or missing mortar.
- Inspect roofing for loose shingles and cracks.
- Check out the operation of your automatic light timers and motion detector systems.
- Prune trees and shrubs to keep branches from exterior siding.
- Clean and repair cracks in concrete driveways using epoxy patching material.
- Inspects foundation walls for signs of termites.
"These 10 home maintenance tips are certainly a start to getting your house spic and span for late summer...and beyond," says Furman.
Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2014. All rights reserved.